Start or Stop Service

Opening A New Account:
A written application is required for any water and/or sewer service to be initiated at a property address. The application and required documents can be emailed, mailed or brought into our office.  The email address, mailing address and physical address are all listed at the bottom of this page.  Please make sure all required documents are provided. 

Please allow for at least one (1) business day for processing of application. Starting or stopping services is scheduled during regular business hours, Monday through Friday only and requires a one (1) business day notice.
Applicants need to provide the following:

  1. Completed and signed application.
  2. If leasing the property, you will need to provide either a signed copy of the lease that states you are responsible for utilities or the Owner Authorization Form (which needs to be filled out by the owner of the property).  A copy of the entire lease is not necessary. The page that lists the owners and renters, the address and the start date (usually the first page) and the signature page are both needed.  All names listed on the lease are required to be on the water and sewer account.
  3. If you are buying or own the property, you will need to provide proof of ownership. (A closing disclosure is an acceptable document.)  If you have owned the property for a year or more, we should be able to use Commissioner of Revenue records to validate your ownership of the property.
  4. Please note all persons listed as property owners or as tenants must complete and sign the water/sewer application.
There is an $170.00 fee required to obtain water and sewer service. This fee is not a deposit.  It covers the following:

$10.00 Administrative fee for water service (non-refundable).
$10.00 Administrative fee for sewer service (non-refundable).
$75.00 Water advance service fee.
$75.00 Sewer advance service fee.

The water and sewer service advance payments are applied towards your final bill.  The $75.00 advance service fees apply to 5/8" and 3/4" meters.  Larger meters will require higher advance service fees.
The administrative fees will be on your first monthly bill. The advance payments will be divided equally amongst your first five monthly bills.

Office Location:
1300 Courthouse Road, #249 Stafford, VA 22554 
Monday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Wednesday 8:00am - 4:30pm
Thursday 9:00am - 4:30pm
Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm

Fax (540) 658-4082 

If you send the documents by email, you will receive a reply once the documents have been received.

If you fax the documents, please call us at (540) 658-8616 to verify the documents have been received.


Closing Account

Accounts may be closed by telephone (540) 658-8616 or in person. It is important to provide us with your forwarding address. Your water meter will be read on the date that you have requested your service to be terminated. A final bill will be sent to your new address. If your final bill is less than your advance payment, a refund will be sent to your new address. Please allow approximately three weeks for this to happen.